Lüdenscheid is situated between the cities Dortmund and Bonn. It was here that one of the youngest medal firms was founded in 1889 by August Steinhauer and Gustav Adolf Lück. The first production began in a cellar, the customer base continued to increase.
A property was bought at 51 Hochstrasse which is still home for this famous company today. During WW2 Steinhauer & Lück produced medals and badges, like the famous Knights Cross and many other types of medals and badges. In 1957 this company was awarded the contract to produce all the newly re-designed legal WW2 1957 de-nazified decorations, plus the contract to manufacture all of Germany's official decorations including Germany's highest order the Bundesverdienstkreuz. Only a very limited number of original WW2 1957 medals are still produced, mainly Iron Crosses, German Cross Gold & Silver & Wound Badges and are considered 100% genuine by the German Government.
Naval Combat Clasp (German: Marine-Frontspange) was a World War II German military decoration awarded to officers and men of the Kriegsmarine in recognition of long, hard front line service for all naval units. On November 19th, 1944, Admiral Dönitz instituted the Marine Combat Clasp to be presented to Navy personnel for meritorious actions which were not covered by existing decorations. It was necessary to perform actions five times in excess of the requirements for a basic war badge. The badge was intended to be worn above the left pocket.Because this badge was created so late in the war, it is rare in the extreme. A 1957 version was also instituted. This item is in the category "Collectables\Militaria\World War II (1939-1945)\Medals/ Ribbons".anderson" and is located in this country: GB. This item can be shipped worldwide.